Friday, November 12, 2010

Workout of the Week


The following workout may incorporate whatever movements you wish to work on. As with any metabolic conditioning workout, form first, work completed and time second.

This is the format provided me by my friend and project manager Jeff:

16 minutes; count rounds
1. 6 Burpees
2. 5 KB Cleans Left
3. 4 KB Squats Left
4. 3 KB Jerks Left

*Repeat on right side beginning with Burpees

When you complete work on left and right side you have finished a round.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good. I think I'll try it with a 24kg for Monday's training. To be clear, each complete roudn includes 12 burpees right? (That's the part that will kill me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Charles:

    I hope all is great in Tejas.

    Yes; 12 burpees per round. I like defining the burpee at all counts and recommend all that participate do the same. I know you do...have seen your work.

    I did 5 1/2 rounds + 6 burpees this AM; I substituted snatch for clean and clean for squat due to my arthritic condition...;-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I did this one this AM. 4 rounds plus 6 burpees and 2 cleans. I used a 24kg for all bu the squat, where I used a 16kg. I can probably make the same rounds with all 24kg though. My burpees were strict and included all six counts.

    I didn't realize your knees were that bad. I hope my "lumnar degenerative arthritis" that the VA diagnosed me with doesn't get to bad.

    ReplyDelete