Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Shake-ology


I am borrowing this term from the P90X/Team Beachbody contingent; gotta give props when you use the material of others.


I do not preach the use of shakes and products that include man made ingredients. The great Jack Lalanne said it best....."If man made it, don't eat it".


With all respect to the purest of the pure, we do have a society that utilizes nutrition shakes in their daily life. With shakes I abide by the five ingredient philosophy. If the powder/product has more than 5 ingredients, don't use it.


Here is my recipe:


4 oz. Ardens Garden Nutri-Boost or Almond Milk

4 oz. water

1/2 c. mixed fresh fruit

2 T. Flax Seed Meal (always look for ground flax)

1 scoop Pea Protein Powder - 4 ingredients





2 comments:

  1. I have never tried Pea Protein before. How does that taste? I'm going to have to try this as a post workout shot... I have been playing with different things for post workout drink that I can stomach. The best one so far is 6oz of cocoa nut milk, 1 scoop of Syntha 6 protein, and 2 teaspoons of pure cocoa powder. It taste good and goes down easy especially after something like the 10 Minute Snatch Test or Fran....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi terrance:

    The pea protein is a little bland. That is why I increase the lower sugar fruits like berries and melon to liven the taste a bit.

    Enjoy.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete